It’s just as important for men to understand about PMS, as it is for women.
Awareness of PMS and how it can impact someones reaction, mood or physicality will only bring positive benefits to yourself and to those who suffer with the condition.
Ignorance is a recipe for disaster, recovery from PMS is ultimately in the hands of the sufferer but support from loved ones makes a huge difference!
So below are my Five Top Tips For Men wishing to help themselves and their loved ones with PMS:
- Be aware of your loved ones cycle, make sure she puts a star on the calendar, indicating roughly when her PMS phase will start – If she is not open with her cycle, you will be clueless, which is really not fair on you!
- Try to avoid mentioning PMS in the middle of an argument, even if you know that it is the cause – wait until you have both had time to calm down – if you can!
- Laugh about PMS, avoid belittling the condition – but a sense of humor, always helps to ease the tension in any situation 🙂
- Discuss PMS with your loved one, when she is NOT in her PMS phase !! – normally discussions only happen when the topic is primed due to an argument, caused by the condition.
Instead I recommend being proactive and speaking about PMS when the phase is over, where you can both have a constructive conversation, allowing you to put positive plans in place for the next phase e.g. swapping of chores that may help ease the pressure etc.
- Of course #5 is… read http://www.happymonth.co.uk – Knowledge is Power!